Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A letter

A new development in my life is that I am going back to school soon, and I have to prepare for it. One thing that I have to do for "reinstatement" (since I've been away for a while) is to write a letter explaining why I left in the first place, what has changed, and what my new plans are. A big part of that letter is going to be my hearing loss. It's a big hard to 'face the music' so to speak by writing it down. When I write about the problem, it's concrete - it's impossible to avoid, because there it is, size twelve Times New Roman black-on-white details of my flaw.

But, no matter. I am actually started to feel excited about going back to school. It will be a new experience, as I'll have to register with the Disabled Students Program in order to get the notetaker that is provided by the state. It will be odd to have that classification, but I have to remember to own it - this is what will help me push forward and progress.

This will be a whole new world, and I'm excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment